Sunday, December 11, 2011

Candy Cane Vodka

I've been slacking with posting lately, but I have a valid reason!  My big project at the moment is for my mom, and since she sometimes reads my blog, I can't exactly post pictures.  I promise though, once Christmas is over I'll post all about it!  I'm really excited about this one I can't wait to see how it comes out!

In the meantime, I'll share my most recent mini project.  I learned here that you can  make flavored vodka using any sugar-based candy.  So, in honor of the holiday, I chose to make...

Candy Cane Vodka!



Very few ingredients needed

- vodka
- mason jars (I went with pint jars)
- candy canes



I added two broken up candy canes to each jar, and filled it most of the way with vodka.  The candy starts dizzolving immediately, which is kind of cool to watch.



Cap them, and let them sit for about 2 days.  I shook mine up occasionally to help the process along, but I honestly don't know if that made a difference or not.



Finished product!  You can either use as it, or dress is up to give away ad presents.  Since I'm not a big drinker, I went for option #2.



I know, the bow is a little over-exaggerated.  I loved the candy-cane string, it just didn't allow for pretty little bows.  Oh well.  Thats a lot of vodka.  I doubt anyone will notice after a few candy cane martinis.

No comments:

Post a Comment