Sunday, September 18, 2011

Puppies!

It's a fact that Jakey will be sorely missed, but I'm very fortunate in that I have two other furballs in my life.  They're adorable, full of kisses, and make me happier than I can tell you.  Want to see pictures?  Of course you do.  Who can turn down puppy pictures?







That's them. 
The two cutest hotdogs ever.







Murphy was a southern rescue that we found on Petfinder.  I guess his old humans couldn't take care of him once they had a baby.  Unfortunate for them, because he is one awesome pup.


He's a character, and a doxie through and through.  He loves fetch, fluffy pillows, and will defend his pink fuzzy bone to the death.  God help you if you try to take it away from him.



And boy, is he protective.  He guards the pet door at my parent's house- ensuring the evil cat doesn't get me...


Pretty much, hes just the best ever.

Now, Tootsie.  Once upon a time I put my name on a wishlist for the local animal shelter, and they promised me they'd call if they ever had any dachshunds for adoption.  Lo and behold, roughly 2.5 months after Murphy came to live with us, I got a call.  They had a little girl that had been surrendered and she needed a forever home.  We hadn't planned on a second dog, but you know, Murphy needed a sister.



She was really shy at first.  Luckily she got over that pretty quickly and became the best cuddle buddy.  Her personality is best described as Simple dog from Hyperbole and a Half. Sweet, but not the brightest crayon in the box.  I've got stories that will leave you in stitches, but that's a post for another day.


She's just a sweetheart.  Definitely a momma's girl, and I won't lie- its unbelievably ego boosting that she refuses to leave my side.

I have a million more pictures I could add, but I imagine you're probably reaching your limit.  Besides, I don't want to be know as that crazy blogger who only posts pictures of her pets.  So I'm done for tonight, but I promise I'll share the cuteness as it presents itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment