Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Homemade Texas Roadhouse Cinnamon Honey Butter

In my very first post I mentioned that I had recently acquired a whole lot of free time.  Unfortunately, The free time is courtesy of my company closing down the lab where I was working.  Business-wise, I completely understand their decision.  Personal life-wise, it stinks.  Big time. 

Aside from the obvious lack of job/income, this mega stinks because I'm BORED.  I've never been one to love sitting at home and now I don't have much of a choice.  Theres only so much time you can spend working out/walking the dogs/cleaning/reorganizing the closets/etc.

I've become obsessed with this fantastic website Pinterest.  If you've never been, you should.  It's full of wonderful procrastination.  Also, it's full of recipes and crafts just begging me to try them.  So that's what I've decided to do.  At worst it gives me something to do.  At best, I might find out I'm actually good at this stuff, and will have found myself a new hobby.

Today's project:


Cinnamon Honey Butter
(original recipe here)

2 sticks salted butter, room temperature
1 cup powdered sugar
1 cup honey
2 tsp cinnamon

Whip it all up together.  That's it.  Really easy and really, really delicious.







I divided it into 6, 4oz jam jars for portion control.  I can't imagine this will last too long, so I'll think I might have to make more to give as gifts!

P.S.  Sorry for the terrible picture quality!

No comments:

Post a Comment