Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Manchester Half Marathon!

Are you ready for a gush-filled, picture heavy post?  Good.  Because George ran his first half marathon!!!

I'm so beyond proud of him.  He's only been running for about six and a half months, so this is an amazing accomplishment.  He started running with my 5K group, got the bug and just never stopped.  He worked his but off for this.  The training group (same trainers as the 5K one) met 3 times a week, often running long after it got dark.  They even ran through that freak snow storm we had a few weeks ago.

I honestly can't say how proud I am!

Ready for pictures?  Here we go!


Frost!  It was COLD!


Team photo

Obligatory "before" picture

Fueling up.  Pre-race Gu.


Starting line!
 I tried to get a shot of them actually starting, but there was just too many people.  After the start gun, I ran like hell to get across town to beat everyone to the 8mile point.  I figured they could use some cheerleading!

Looking good 8 miles in!


I waited until most of them has passed, then I ran back across town to catch everyone at the finishline.



Strong finish!


Finish line!  Note the Rocky victory dance.


It's kind of hard to see, but there he is crossing the finishline at 2:02:31 gun time.  Net time was 2:01:48!  My boyfriend is a freakin rockstar! 

 
"After" picture

I think it says a lot that he can run 13.1 miles with a smile on his face.

No comments:

Post a Comment